Friday, March 15, 2013

20% Project: Post 1

So, for my project I've decided to build a microphone, along with a couple instruments to record with the microphone. Unfortunately, the websites I've been using to find some cheap kits haven't been updated for a while, and the normal kits start at $150 with less instruction than the cheaper ones. I will still accomplish, regardless of this small obstacle.
The second thing I've planned to do is make a theremin, specifically one that runs on photoreceptors or something like that. This shall either be recorded with the mic, or directly plugged into the recording unit, depending on whether I replace the speaker with a 1/4" plugin, or xlr if I can. (so I can use the 48v switch on the interface I have rather than using a battery).
The last thing shall be a custom instrument that slightly resembles something that somebody probably made. It's acoustic, and contains twelve strings, each a half step up from the other.
I might also combine the recording with some non-conventional instruments, like glasses of water and random stuff.

I have links to the things I'd like to use here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Light-Theremin/
http://www.aurycle.com/index.htm

The picture I drew of the 12 string acoustic instrument in currently in my English teacher's possession, for it was drawn on an assignment. I shall upload other pictures later, along with parts and stuff.

If I require more things to do, I shall do them. This probably isn't the final plan, as I may decide to do something random. The only real guideline I have is to record something that resembles a song.
I shall be ordering parts soon. Yes. Yeah. Hi.


No comments:

Post a Comment